These are the points which were raised to Amey at our meeting 25th March…
Chair welcomed everyone to the meeting . She had prepared a ist of questions and local issues which residents have raised.
Brandwood Forum Questions & Issues in Brandwood Ward for Amey March 2015
Questions from the Chair
- How are street improvements decided?
- What is the Ward allocation for street improvements incl. double kerbing?
- When is this agreed?
- What is the programme for Brandwood Ward drains and gully cleaning?
- How is this decided?
- Who is Amey accountable to?
- Monyhull Hall Road grass verges- first reported 2012- told no to double kerbing
- Why was double kerbing done at Fernwood Croft, Westminster Drive when there was no need and residents actually said waste of money?
- Priory Road – potholes first reported 2012- dangerous for cyclists….some at least 7” deep
- Vicarage Road shop fronts potholes- first listed and sent 2012
- Disabled parking lines outside top Partons Road? First requested in 2013
- why were potholes were repaired on Chanston Ave last Autumn involving the equivalent of two days work for 2-3 people when they then did a major repair completely removing and resurfacing the top third about six weeks later.
In response to the Chairs questions…
Amey do a Detailed Visual Inspection of all roads and pavements once a year – in 20 metre sections Markings mean: Yellow – utilities Blue water , White potholes..
Residents urged to complain to BCC website about potholes paving etc as Amey then receives these… firstname.lastname@example.org
Programmes and Planning Manager is Steve Claxton
Drains and Gullies is John Hastilow
Street Lighting manager is John Murtagh
AMEY is responsible to JOHN BLAKEMOORE at Birmingham City Council
- Priory Road ( both ends) marked twice for over one year! STILL NOT DONE-WHY?
- Sunken drain next to pedestrian crossing at Monyhull
- Two blocked drains opp 58 and 82 Kings Road- cleaning rota? asked for last 4 months
- Entrance to Premiere Court- marked up but three left
- Why Chanston Ave repaired then completely resurfaced weeks later? Waste fo public money?… Amey reps said they agreed it was an odd
- Fernwood Croft Why were raised kerbs created when local residents said un needed and a waste of money?
- Monyhull Raised kerbs desperately required for last three years at Broadmeadow School but not done because of funds…
- Cllr Leddy informed residents that Fernwood Croft had been done because one resident had contacted him.
- Paving on Brandwood Road- Cllrs already walked down – nothing done WHY? Cllr Leddy explained about The Liverpool Inch- Kristian said there were 40 trip hazards…JG said he would look into this.
- Why were 3 Amey workers painting one lamppost?
- Lifford Lane gas pipe disruption promised to be fixed by April 1st