DTZ property Developers talked at our meeting 9th July about their role in the Dawberry Fields Housing Development which is planned for the old Allotments fields. There are a number of issues which were raised about the development plans:
1) Who will receive the money from the sale?
2) Is there any guarantee that the money will be put back into Brandwood Ward/local area?
3) That the Current Plan did not have enough detail for residents to make an informed decision
4)There was still no specified number of housing units ie concern that the current number of 48 would increase…
5) That not enough local residents have been consulted ( approx 250 have received notification)
6) That there would only be 1/3 of the allotments remaining …
DTZ will ask Birmingham Property Services to confirm how the allocation of funds from the sale to provide allotments and open space improvements will be guaranteed
In the meantime the application reference is 2013/04725/PA and a link to the application below: